Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lola's 1st Day of Preschool!!







The first day of the last year of preschool! I can't believe it!! For Lola, it was no big deal this morning. This is her third year of preschool, so it was not as exciting as previous couple of years. I told her that she was going to school today and she asked if she was riding the bus. She is so ready to get on the big yellow bus. Mommy on the other hand can not believe that she will be turning 5 in a few weeks. Yikes...where does the time go???? Someone please call and check in on me the day Kolton goes to Kindergarten...I will be crying my eyes out all day having all my babies in school.
So Lola gets ready for school and picks out her outfit which is cute. We bought her that brown shirt a couple weeks ago. She gets left out quite a bit when it comes to new clothes because of hand-be-downs, so I try to pick up a new shirt or something here and there to add to her wardrobe. Well we got ready for school and as I was loading everyone in the van I asked her to brush and get shoes on. Such a big girl brushing her teeth and getting shoes on without me helping and doing it the first time I asked. So then we get to school and I'm getting them out of the van and I notice the pink boots. And then I notice the big blob of toothpaste on her shirt. I chuckle...pink boots, that's so Lola...and well she at least brushed her teeth like I asked. But it goes to show at the detail I look at the further the kids go down the line. With Tristin I was so particular...then Natalie, it's good enough...and Lola, whatever let's go...poor Kolton. =) I've joked about that many times. So the picture of her teacher putting Lola's name badge on is her laughing because she asked Lola where she wanted her to put the tag on her shirt, and I said how about right over top of that blob of toothpaste. She laughed and said, "Well at least she brushed!" During school, they sang songs, and made glow in the dark lightning bugs & reacquainted and played with friends from last year. When she got home she said, "Mommy, I'm in the BIG kid class". She had a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment