Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Day of Rest

Wanting to sleep in this morning...I woke at 5:30 to my sweet boy yelling "Ma Ma...Ma Ma" in his crib. So I roll out of bed and stumble down the hall. You can't help at smile at that cute face...even if it IS 5:30 a.m.! So as I get Kolton settled in with his morning bottle and cartoons, I put on the ole' pot of coffee and start the day. It's hard for me to actually get up that early (Kolton always gives me a little help) but I love early mornings. It was 1degree...that's cold. The cat's thought it was cold to, as I went outside to feed them. Coda ,the only male, didn't even get out of the little kitty condo Keith made them. I peeked in at him and he looked at me as if to say..."yeah right, I'm not getting out-not even for breakfast!" As I was outside facing the cold, the trees cracked when the wind blew like there were ice on them. No ice-just freezing cold! But we had the most beautiful sun rise. The picture only captured some of the beauty. We had a wonderful morning at Church and even though it is so darn cold, the sun is shining bright! This afternoon we are just lounging around. I'm going to have the kids pick out a movie and just relax under my big old quilt with my babies around me. Keith is busy out in the workshop...which for him is a day of rest and enjoyment. He is still working hard on the trim. Our amaryllis bloomed today! We will have four blooms on it this year. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment