Thursday, April 10, 2008

My girl Natalie Rachel...

I love all my children equally! They are all so perfect and have different gifts and personalities. My Natalie was the second born, first daughter, and is 7 yrs old. Out of all four of our children, she is the most like me. Which is not all good, because there are traits that she has of mine that I wish she didn't. :) We are the only two that do not have brown eyes in the house (even our dog has brown eyes). She looks like me, is stubborn like me, gets her feelings hurt easily like me, and has a passion for art and animals... like me. She is the one in the van who notices how the trees and the sky are so beautiful. When I scold her and she is heart broken, my heart breaks along with hers. I know exactly how she is feeling. I want to cry with her and tell her it is okay, but as a Mommy who is disciplining I can't always do that. My heart aches...
Well last year when we decided for her to give up dance and take riding lessons, we both were very excited. Though I don't take the lessons (I wish I could) I love spending time together just her and I. The half hour drive just with her. Talking with just her. Watching her receive instruction like such a young lady and embracing her passion makes me so happy. I love having those moments with each of them and I pray that it is as fulfilling for them as it is for us! Last night was riding lessons and I made sure to take my camera. I know I posted last year after she started riding, but my old camera took terrible pictures, so I wanted to share again some special pictures of Natalie and Daxie.




Daxie is a 19 yr old Quarter Horse, and we both just LOVE her to pieces! She is very relaxed and is perfect for all of the "little natalie's" out there. There are a lot of horses in the barn so I get some lovey time with them as Natalie is taking her lessons. They all have different personalities, likes and dislikes.



Riding lessons just aren't riding around the arena....






But Tack...




And Grooming..



Hoof picking...









Treat Giving...





Putting Daxie back in the stall...





Sweeping...




and SCOOPING!





Natalie LOVES every single bit. Her trainers name is Shelly at Shady Lane Stables and she does a wonderful job teaching Natalie not only the fun part, but ALL parts of riding and taking care of a horse. I will leave you today with my favorite photo. Have a wonderful Thursday!!


~Tina

3 comments:

  1. She is SO cute! I love the missing teeth. I hope I remember to make one on one time when I have more than one kiddo. What a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tina... what a lovely post... bringing back so many memories for me!

    When I was a little girl I loved ballet - but we couldn't afford dance lessons. I LOVED horses, but we couldn't afford riding lessons.

    But on my 8th b-day, my parents had found a deal with a girls scout troop and they gave me riding lessons.

    Oh - even just the smell of a horse is a lovely thing.

    An how wonderful that the two of you go together and spend that time - it will remain in your memories forever!

    Even though I missed the Friday giveaway again I'm so glad I stopped by your blog!!!

    Luv Melanie (from RueBee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog today, and I LOVE it!!! my daughter started riding lessons a few weeks ago, and I haven't gotten quite up close and personal with my camera, I'm going to have to next week I think :D What a beautiful daughter, also :-)

    ReplyDelete